Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chicago bound




Whoo hoo! Twenty-four hours from now I'll be in one of my very most favorite cities --- Chicago! Robert and I are taking Bug for her eleventh birthday. Tomorrow shopping and a birthday dinner at the new American Girl Place on Michigan Avenue. Saturday, meeting friends, more shopping, and seeing "Wicked" (and hopefully trips to get our favorite Chicago popcorn mix -- Garrett's cheddar and caramel). Sunday, more eating and more shopping. Aah . . . the anticipation. . . . I love Chicago . . . the people, the shopping, the arts, the energy. It's been a year and a half since I was there . . . on my birthday in 2007. Too long to be away. I want Robert to see the view from the top of the John Hancock Building and hopefully make a trip to the Art Institute. I can hardly wait!!!!

No comments: