Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So glad I was there . . .

This is Bug and I on the night of President-Elect Obama's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. As I wrote in a previous entry after the convention, I was so hopeful that evening that I had just witnessed the next President of the United States with my daughter at my side. Thankfully, America, that dream came true last night.

I am so hopeful for the future.

We watched the returns from home last evening, Bug, Robert and I. We were settling in for a long night when, unbelievably, Charlie Gibson broke in at 9:00 P.M. and declared the election had gone to Obama. California's 55 electoral votes, along with some other states, pushed him quickly over the requisite 270. We were estatic!!!

I had moved some of my favorite champagne, Veuve Clicquot, from Arkansas with me and had been saving it for a special night and special someone. America's historic vote warranted opening that bottle. Robert took it out on the balcony to open it, and the cork flew all the way over on top of the neighbor's roof!!

Chloe has the biggest crush on Robert and EVERY SINGLE TIME I got up from the sofa, she took my spot! Here is a picture of her watching the returns with Robert . . . and one of her testing the bouquet of the Veuve Clicquot. LOL











No comments: