Monday, August 25, 2008

My new passion . . .


. . . is not a man (sigh). It's tennis. Which should prove much less heartbreaking in the long run. Bug and I both took lessons this summer, and we're both hooked. I started my second group of lessons tonight and will start playing in a social doubles group on Wednesday evenings. I'm so psyched about it. I still have a long way to go, but considering it's been 26 years since I was on the Mena Bearcat tennis team, I'm feeling pretty good about it. Doesn't hurt that I have two really cute coaches . . . Ricardo from Peru, and Bran from the former Yugoslavia. So . . . today the DNC was not part of my existence. I worked at the med center, went to tennis lessons, Bug and I went and got smoothies for dinner, and then walked the dogs. A very quiet Monday . . . very nice. Tomorrow, soccer practice starts . . . . can't wait. Tennis again Wednesday night. Thursday night, Bug and I are going to try a latin american cardio dance class called Zumba at the JCC, then TGIF. Whew . . . . I think I'll make it through the week. :)

No comments: