Monday, August 18, 2008

Wash Park . . . last day before school starts


Where, oh where, did the summer go???? I haven't begun to accomplish or do all I wanted this summer.
It's been a whirlwhind the past couple of weeks. The exam exhausted me (and I'll probably get another shot at it, unfortunately . . . will know in 4 more weeks) and then friends of Little Rock were in Colorado Springs last weekend. Bug and I drove down to see them . . . . went to the summit of Pike's Peak, where America the Beautiful was written, and walked through the incredible Garden of the Gods. It was so great to see them, but I cried the entire way back to Denver because seeing them really brought home how very much I miss my Little Rock friends.
Then, uncharacteristically, Denver turned rainy and cold . . . very cold. Until today, I've been in jeans and polartec sweaters. Low to mid 50's in temperature . . . completely bizarre.
I've had a couple of dates the past 2 weeks . . . the one last night was actually promising . . . with a German engineer . . . he is incredibly learned, very charming, and has a wonderfully infectious laugh. He lives near Boulder and has 2 teen-aged children, so it will be a bit of a challenge, but I think we're going to try to see if this could lead anywhere. We'll see . . . school starts tomorrow which means my schedule will be entirely consumed by work, school, soccer, piano lessons, choir, softball, and Girl Scout activities. It's ridiculous what we go through as parents to give our children as many options as possible.
So today . . . . I took off work, and Bug and I spent the majority of our day at Wash Park. It's a beautiful park in Denver with several small lakes/ponds, great bike trails and jogging paths, tennis courts, gardens, etc. You can see every breed of dog known to man there ----- Chloe loves to go . . . .there is a Great Pyrenees with a huge crush on her that we usually run into. :):) Anyway, Bug and I rode bikes for a long time, then we went to the boat house and rented a pedal/paddle boat ---- we had a blast out on the lake. Then we caught a movie, went to the library, played a round of tennis, walked the dogs, and finished the day off with ice cream. It was a great last day, if a bit exhausting.
Tomorrow . . . 5th Grade . . . . . . (how did it happen???)

No comments: