Sunday, June 1, 2008

I finally decided . . .


. . . who it is that is my favorite Colorado Rapids player. My eyes are constantly drawn to him. He's probably the oldest player on the team (at the ripe old age of 31), but he is so skilled on the field and gorgeous to boot. His name is Pablo Mastroeni.

He's from Argentina, and I think has been picked for the World Cup team twice. Soccer is such a great game. My other favorites include: Bouna Coundoul, who is out for the next month or so as he returned to play for his native Senegal in some national games. Bouna is an unbelievable goalee; Tom McManus, a recent recruit from Glasgow, Scotland, who's goal against Chivas was voted MLS Goal of the Week last week; Christian Gomez, another Argentinian hotty who's tremendous in the midfield; and two Colorado natives, Collin Clarke and Connor Casey.

Today, the Rapids beat FC Dallas 2-1. It was a fantastic game. Can't wait for the next one. My daughter will be at a camp taught by Rapids players for a week in July. Hope Pablo is one of her coaches . . . . I may just have to have some one-on-one parent/coach conferences! :):):)

No comments: