Friday, June 6, 2008

Walking through the neighborhood . . .

Bug and I just returned from a fairly regular walk we've begun to take every night through the neighborhood. Except for last night . . . after a few weeks of beautiful warm weather with pleasantly cool breezes, yesterday it was COLD. After many nights in shorts, last night when I walked the dogs I was in jeans and a polartec sweater, and I was still cold. But today, all was well . . . the sun was out full force . . . the pleasant breeze was back . . . all the tony restaurants were in full outdoor dining swing.

For those of you coming to visit us this summer (and you know who you are), I'm including a few neighborhood pictures. Later, I'll include more pics from around the city. As soon as I can get back out on my bike, I'm going on a picture taking quest of all the great sculptures in the downtown area.

Here is where we live. . .

I love this street. It's quiet and the flowers and plants smell great as you walk by.


Close by is the upscale mall. This is my daughter's favorite neighborhood scene . . .

She says the "red star of Macy's" just draws her in (sigh, 10-year old shopping drama).


Here are a couple of the great sculptures of children in the shopping area. The first is Bug's favorite . . . it's called Dorothy and Friends (the second friend is a caterpillar crawling on her book). The second is in the middle of a fountain area with benches for sitting and listening to the water in the pools.





The next is a gallery I always want to visit, but it's always closed by the time Bug and I make it on our nightly walks. Will have to make a run on Saturday. It has the greatest energy when you stop and look in at the wonderful art . . .

The local library . . . very cool place to hang out . . .


A strong contender for our vote of "Favorite Ice Cream Parlour" . . .




Bug's favorite place to get a cheeseburger and fries . . .





Our super cool tea hang out . . .



And . . . finally . . . the reason Bug and I walk to our favorite places, as opposed to driving . . .




No comments: