Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

It's 57 degrees in Denver. There is an amazing breeze coming in through my balcony doors and windows. Bug and I just returned from an hour and a half workout at the JCC. I actually feel good. . . . It's so nice not to feel overwhelmed or exhausted . . . which are what I've been feeling most of the month since Bug's accident. The casts come off Friday. We've purchased everything we need to for her camp, and we'll head to the mountains Sunday morning. (sigh . . . . ) There is light at the end of the tunnel. And . . . I actually have two dates lined up for the first part of the week. Hopefully, they'll both go really well. (fingers crossed) One is with the investment manager, who has been traveling in Sweden, Scotland, France, and about to head to Spain, but sends me interesting emails from each of his locations. The other is with a commercial real estate developer, who also happens to be a phenomenal, competitive tennis player . . . . who's offered to help me with my backhand. So . . . who knows . . . it will be nice to go out and not have to worry about babysitters and getting back home. :):)

Bug found two new specialty shops last night that I'm afraid we're going to be hooked on . . . one was an imported olive oil shop . . . oh my goodness . . . I'm being forced to cook in this city between the pasta shop and now the olive oil shop. The other shop was L'Occitane en Provence, where somehow the sweet little lady in the store managed to convince me that, indeed, I needed $78 of shea butter products for my feet. And I continued to thank her as I left the store because I was sure my feet would surely dry up and fall off of my body had I not encountered her and saved my very existence. She even had me promising to come back this weekend to try a body cream. So . . . I'm off to go exfoliate and slather my lower extremities in shea butter. I hope my Boxers (a/k/a sleeping buddies) notice my soft feet tonight.

4 comments:

U2fan725 said...

omg....don't take me there. No telling what I might walk out of there with...reminds me of a trip to Barbara Jeans! :)

Rhonda said...

Hey --- I'm taking you there when you come visit!!! LOL Rhonda

Gina said...

LOL>>>>>hope they don't want to lick all that butter off your feet.....it might be tasty....

gk

Rhonda said...

Gina,
Chloe unfortuntately did like it . . . I kept having to tuck my feet under the covers. Finally gave up and put both dogs in their crates so I could get some sleep. Good grief!